Reverse Billed USSD allows brands and organisations to create a USSD service that is free to the consumer.
Our Reverse Billed USSD API allows developers to create their own menu structure with the use of HTTP/S and XML. A simple communication with our USSD Gateway allows for custom USSD menus and services to be rapidly created.
Why use Reverse Billed USSD?
- Free to the consumer or staff member
- Consumer does not need airtime to participateSimple, clear navigational menus
- Works on all mobile handsets
- Works on all cellular networks
- Familiar to the majority of South Africans as it is used for recharging airtime, mobile banking and "Please Call Me" messages
- Rapid Implimentation
USSD Use Cases
- Qualitative mobile surveys
- Mobile banking
- Balance checking
- Interactive consumer competitions
- Gamification of brand campaigns
- Creating opt-in databases of consumers
- Mobile competitions
USSD Number Ranges
USSD comes in 3 number ranges:
- *120* Cost to the consumer 20c for every 20 seconds.
- *130* Free to the consumer, but only for airtime charging.
- *134* Free to the consumer, with the 20c for every 20 seconds reverse billed to the brand.
- Costs: R0.20 per 20 seconds which is reverse billed to the brand. This cost can also be carried by the consumer.
- Network time outs range from 3-5 minutes.
- Characters are limited to 160, just like SMS.
- It works best with quantitative feedback, for example a Likert scale, where the user just has to punch in a number as a selection. Words and sentences are accepted as user input, but this can be challenging to users.
Request our API Documentation
Please contact us if you would like a copy of our documentation or a trial account.